Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Believe In Immediacy.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

That phrase has never been more clear than tonight.  Let's just say that a casual Bible Study was anything but.  I won't bore anyone with the details, because even I am tired of thinking about them.  I've just come to realize that I completely despise people who are purposely ignorant.  They are aware that they don't know things, and yet they choose to not resolve it.  Or, they are so completely close minded that they can't see any viable option beyond their own feet.  Gah.  That's enough.

I've decided that I need to read more.  Not just magazines or television episode summaries, but actual books.  Fiction and non-fiction alike.  My most recent read was "The Only Road North" by Erik Mirandette.  I would strongly suggest it to anyone.  Based on a true story, it follows the adventure of four men who, after landing on the continent of Africa, travel on dirt bikes from Cape Town to Cairo.  Ah-mazing.  I'm currently reading two other books: "The Orphaned Anything's" by Stephen Christian and "Bella" by Lisa Samson.  While it's a little confusing to get the story lines straight, I am loving both.

On a completely unrelated note: I have this strange desire to paint my nails green.  Not like an emerald green or a lime green.  And for lack of a better description, I want a "bold middle green".  Not sure exactly what color that really is, but I'll keep my eyes open.  Like I said, completely frivolous, but it keeps life fun.  And maybe with bright green nails, it'll keep me calm enough to not want to rip all my hair out next week at Bible Study.  Here's to hoping!


3 comments:

Vogue218 said...

Black Bear.

Laura Grace said...

Once again, you are pwning.

Rachel said...

Laura, I'm sorry I haven't been on your blog in a while. When I change my background I lose all my friends. When you left that message I was then able to find your blog again. I'm sorry about everything that's been going on. But even during those times God is good. I would love to have you and Rachel stay with us if that's still going to work out. Please let me know. Hope this Monday is good for you.
God bless, Rachel